Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Pretty in Pink

SUNGLASSES Michael Kors   JACKET/SWEATER Gap    JEANS American Eagle    BOOTS Musse and Cloud 

Sometimes winter feels like it lasts forever in Canada!
It's cold and snowy and gray which can put me in a mood (my mom say that's just me being me but I'm going to blame it on the weather, okay!) so I try to find ways to get myself out of my 'blue mood' (another one of my mothers sayings).
I make sure that I get enough sleep, drink plenty of water and try my best to stay away from junky food. The sugary stuff makes me feel good while I'm eating it I guess but I always feel rotten afterwards so when my head is on straight, I remember to say 'no thank you' before I shove it in my mouth.
One of the best ways I have found to keep me in a good mood is surrounding myself with colours that make me happy. Bright greens, sky blues, sunshine yellows and of course any shade of pink you can imagine!
Sometimes I try going head to toe in colours that make me smile. I make my bed with the brightest blanket I can find and top it off with a loud pink pillowcase. I pull out all my colourful pens and pencils and doodle to my hand hurts.
Other times, a pop of colour that only I can notice can do the trick, just like these adorable pink sunnies I permanently 'borrowed' from my mom. It's funny that something so small can make such a big difference in how you feel but I promise it works.
What do you do to keep your spirits up when the weather is bringing you down?













1 comment:

  1. I try to keep smiley people around me, their happiness rubs off on all around them!

    ReplyDelete