Wednesday, 26 April 2017

Who Do You Think You Are?


Have you ever wondered about who you really are?
Like I mean where your family has come from, who you could be related to and why you look like you do? Not questions most kids my age think about but me, I've always wondered.
(more on why I'm so curious down below!)
I'm sure it must be a question on other people's minds too since there is a whole entire show that features celebrities that are just as curious about where they come from. The program is called 'Who Do You Think You Are' and it follows a different celebrity tracing their ancestors and family trees each episode. I totally LOVE watching it, I think the episode with Jessica Biel has been my favourite so far this year. Check it out on Sunday nights on TLC.
Now onto why I am so curious? You see, I don't really look too much like either of my parents and no, I'm not adopted. Most people say that I look like my mom but I think that's because we both have kind of the same colouring. I mean we both have brown hair and eyes but if you look really closely, that's where it ends. None of our other features are similar. And my dad is light haired and blue eyed and again, we don't really have any of the same features.
I always have people telling me that I look like I'm Asian mixed with something else, I think because my eyes are very almond-shaped but as far as I know, my grandparents came from Italy and Greece and there is no Asian connection at all.
Anyways my parents probably grew tired of hearing me ask the same questions over and over again so last week when we were watching WDYTYA, they asked me if I would like to have my DNA tested with a kit from AncestryDNA and of course I said YES!!


A few days after we ordered it, the kit showed up and I couldn't wait to open it. The kit comes with an easy to follow pamphlet that explains the simple steps to collecting your DNA (it involves your spit so I won't get into it here). You secure the tube holding your sample and shake it up so it mixes with this blue liquid that sits in the tube. And that's pretty much it!
We placed the secure sample into a clear pouch and sealed it, dropped it into the addressed shipping container and then threw that into the mailbox. It takes about 6-8 weeks to get your results back which seems like awhile but I'm so excited that I'm hoping it will fly by.
I will be posting my results as soon as they come in so check back in with me here!


 The pamphlet is so easy even a kid could do it!



Off you go DNA! I will wait for you to come back and tell me my story!

(*This is not a sponsored post*)



No comments:

Post a Comment